- Sola O, Kothari P, Mason HRC, Onumah CM, Sánchez JP. The crossroads of health policy and academic medicine: an early introduction to health policy skills to facilitate change. MedEdPORTAL. 2019;15:10827. https://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10827
- Garcia AN, Castro MC, Sánchez JP. Social and structural determinants of urban American Indian and Alaska Native health: a case study in Los Angeles. MedEdPORTAL. 2019;15:10825. https://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10825 Editor’s Choice.
- Sola O, Kothari P, Mason HRC, Onumah CM, Sánchez JP. The crossroads of health policy and academic medicine: an early introduction to health policy skills to facilitate change. MedEdPORTAL. 2019;15:10827. https://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10827.
- Mason BS, Landry A, Sánchez JP, Williams VN. How to find an academic position after residency: who, what, when, where, why, and how. MedEdPORTAL. June 2018;14:10727. https://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10727 (Views 556; Downloads 57)
- Sanchez NF, Callahan E, Brewster C, Poll N, Sanchez JP. Mentoring LGBT Health Professional Trainees. LGBT Health, April 2018.
- Soto-Greene M, Culbreath K, Guzman DE, Sánchez JP, Romero-Leggott V. Diversity and inclusion in the academic medicine workforce: encouraging medical students and residents to consider academic careers. MedEdPORTAL. Feb 2018;14:10689. (Views 553; Downloads 51)
- Ortega G, Smith C, Pichardo MS, Ramirez A, Soto-Greene M, Sánchez JP. Preparing for an academic career: the significance of mentoring. MedEdPORTAL. March 2018;14:10690. https://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10690 (Views 836; Downloads 153)
- Dickerman J, Sánchez JP, Portela-Martinez M, Roldan E. Leadership and academic medicine: preparing medical students and residents to be effective leaders for the 21st century. MedEdPORTAL. Feb 2018;14:10677.
- Paredes Molina CS, Spencer DJ, Morcuende M, Sanchez, JP An introduction to research work, scholarship, and paving a way to a career in academic medicine. MedEdPORTAL. Feb 2018;14:10686.
- Guilliames C, Sule H, Perez H, Hubbi B, Sánchez JP. Providing Trainees with an Introduction and Decision-Making Framework for Pursuing an Academic Residency Position. Accepted for publication to MedEdPORTAL. Jan 2018 https://www.mededportal.org/publication/10667/
- Nakae S, Soto-Greene M, Williams R, Guzman D, Sánchez JP. Helping Trainees Develop Scholarship in Academic Medicine From Community Service https://www.mededportal.org/publication/10659/ Dec 2017
- Callahan EJ, Banks M, Medina J, Disbrow K, Soto-Greene M, Sánchez JP. Providing Diverse Trainees an Early and Transparent Introduction to Academic Appointment and Promotion Processes https://www.mededportal.org/publication/10661/ Dec 2017
- Fernández CR, Lucas R, Soto-Greene M, Sánchez JP. Introducing trainees to academic medicine career roles and responsibilities. MedEdPORTAL. Nov 2017;13:10653. https://www.mededportal.org/publication/10653/
- Zhang L, Lee E, Kenworthy C, Chiang S, Holaday L, Spencer D, Poll-Hunter, N, and Sánchez JP. Southeast and East Asian Medical Students’ Perceptions of Careers in Academic Medicine. Submitted to Journal of Career Development – Nov 30, 2017.
- Sánchez NF, Soto-Greene M, Alexander A, Holaday L, Spencer D, Poll N, Sanchez JP. Attracting Diverse Talent to Academia: Perspectives of Medical Students and Residents. Journal of Career Development. May 2017, pages 1-18.
- Williams R, Holaday L, Lamba S, Soto-Greene M, Sánchez JP. Introducing trainees to medical education activities and opportunities for educational scholarship. MedEdPORTAL Publications. March 2017;13:10554. https://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10554
- Sánchez JP, Poll-Hunter N, Stern N, Garcia AN, Brewster C. Balancing Two Cultures: American Indian/Alaska Native Medical Students’ Perceptions of Academic Medicine Careers Journal of Community Health Feb 2016.
- Rey R, Behar-Horenstein L, Feng X, Sánchez JP, Garvan C. Factors influencing students’ likelihood of pursuing academic dental careers and comparison by under-represented minority status and gender. IOSR Journal of Medical and Dental Sciences, Volume 14, Issue 10, pp 89-99, 2015.
- Sánchez N, Rankin S, Callahan E, Ng H, Holaday L, McIntosh K, Poll-Hunter N, Sánchez JP. LGBT Health Professionals Perspectives on Academic Careers – Facilitators and Challenges. LGBT Health December 2015, 2(4); 346-56.
- Yehia B, Cronholm P, Wilson N, Palmer S, Sisson S, Guilliames, C, Poll-Hunter N, Sánchez, JP. Mentorship and Pursuit of Academic Medicine Careers: A Mixed Methods Study of Residents from Diverse Backgrounds. BioMed Central Medical Education. Feb 9 2014, 14:26.
- Sánchez JP, Peters L, Lee-Rey E, Strelnick H, Garrison G, Zhang K, Spencer D, Ortega, G, Yehia B, Berlin A, Castillo-Page L. Racial and Ethnic Minority Medical Students’ Perceptions of Academic Medicine Careers. Academic Medicine, July 2013. Sep;88(9):1299-307.
- Sánchez JP, Castillo-Page L, Spencer D, Yehia B, Peters L, Kaye-Freeman B, Lee-Rey E. Building the Next Generation of Academic Physicians Initiative: Why, Who, How and “What Are We Missing?” Academic Medicine. August 2011. Aug;86(8):928-31.
Critical Transition: Guiding Diverse Trainees in Selecting an Academic Residency, Fellowship, First Academic Position. AAMC NEGEA Regional Meeting. Accepted for poster presentation. April 2019.
Innovative Curriculum to Advise URM Trainees on Academic Training Transitions. Partnering for Success Along the Medical Education Continuum: From Admissions to Residency, NEGSA, Boston, MA, April 5th- 7th, 2019.
Innovative Curriculum to Advise Hispanic Trainees on Academic Training Transitions. NHMA National Conference April 11, 2019.
Promoting Diversity in the Faculty Pipeline through Scholarship: programs, Mentoring and Writing Groups. Accepted Abstract. AAMC National Conference Nov 2018.
Networking in Academic Medicine. OSR, AAMC National Conference, November 3, 2018
Promoting Diversity in Academic Medicine through Publishing Educational Innovations. Accepted Abstract. AAMC National Conference November 3, 2018.
Publishing in MedEdPORTAL to enhance AI/AN medical school curriculum content and faculty promotion. Arizona, July 2018.
Publishing in AAMC MedEdPORTAL. SNMA AMEC Conference. March 30, 2018.
National Medical Organization: Leadership and Engagement Opportunities for Medical Students, Residents, and Fellows. BNGAP Pre-Faculty Career Development Conference, February 2018.
Faculty Career Development Training for Latino Medical Students. National Hispanic Medical Association, 20th Annual Conference, April 22, 2016.
Health Policy and Academic Medicine. LMSA National Conference. April 7-10, 2016, Pomona, CA.
Demystifying Academic Medicine. Mental Health: Facing the Challenges of the 21st Century. SNMA AMEC, March 25-27, 2016, Austin, Texas.
Encouraging Diverse Medical Students and Residents to Consider Academic Medicine Careers, Council on Diversity and Inclusion, Florida State University College of Medicine, January 14, 2016.
Finding Your First Faculty Position. BNGAP Academic Medicine Career Development Conference, Southwest Regional Conference, December 5, 2015.
The Story of BNGAP, Building the Upstream Pipeline of Future Academicians Dedicated to Research, Education and Leadership 2015 Leadership and Faculty Development Conference, Harvard Medical School, May 2015.
Webinar: Engaging Diverse Medical Students and Residents to Consider Academic Medicine Careers. BNGAP and AAMC DPP January 2015.
Webinar: Building an LGBT Competent Health Workforce: Facilitators and Barriers. AAMC DPP, Center for Workforce Studies, and BNGAP. December 2014. Webinar can be accessed at https://www.aamc.org/initiatives/420130/buildinganlgbtcompetenthealthworkforce.html
Diversity and Inclusion in the Academic Medicine Workforce. BNAP Club, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, NYC, NY, November 2014.
Asian Medical Students’ Perceptions on Careers in Academic Medicine. Chinese American Medical Society Scientific Conference, New York, NY, November 2014. Best Student Oral Presentation Award.
Finding Your Compass: Navigating the Landscape of Academic Medicine. 2014 AAMC Minority Faculty Career Development Conference, Vancouver, Canada, September 2014.
Building and Maintaining Diversity in Academia. UC Davis, California, July 2014.
Invited Speaker. Native American Presence and Perspectives in Academia. AAIP, Denver, Colorado. July 2014.
Native American Perspectives and Academic Medicine Careers. Association of American Indian Physicians Annual Meeting, Santa Clara, CA, August 2014.
Building the LGBT Health Workforce: Trainee and Faculty Perspectives and Discussion, GDI/OSA/OSR National Meeting, San Diego, CA, April 2014 (oral presentation).
Interventions to Increase and Maintain Diverse Medical Student Interest in Academic Careers, GDI/OSA/OSR National Meeting, San Diego, CA, April 2014 (oral presentation).
Asian Medical Students’ Perceptions of Careers in Academic Medicine, GDI/OSA/OSR National Meeting, San Diego, CA, April 2014 (poster presentation).
Latino Medical Student Association, National Conference. Academic Medicine Careers, Houston, Texas, April 2014.
Careers In Academic Medicine, Physician Researcher Initiative, Student National Medical Association, Annual Conference, Washington, D.C., April 2014.
Alumni Giving Back: Development of BNGAP. Council of Residents. National Hispanic Medical Association, March 2014.
LMSA NorthEast Regional Conference. Weill-Cornell Medical College, March 2014.
Finding Your Compass: Navigating the Landscape of Academic Medicine. 2013 AAMC Minority Faculty Career Development Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, September 2013.
Poll N, Sanchez JP, and Stern N. Native American Perspectives and Academic Medicine Careers. Association of American Indian Physicians Annual Meeting, Santa Clara, CA, August 2013.
Yehia B and Sanchez JP. What Students Don’t Know: A Look into Academic Medicine Careers, Chicago, Illinois, June 2013.
Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies at University of New York and BNGAP launch the LGBT Health Workforce Conference, New York City, New York, June 2013. www.lgbthealthworkforce.org
Hispanic perspectives on academic careers. National Hispanic Medical Association Annual Conference. Washington, D.C, April 2013
Women Medical Students’ and Residents’ Interest in Academic Medicine Careers. American Medical Women’s Association Annual Meeting, NYU School of Medicine. New York, New York, March 2013.
What Students Don’t Know: A Look into Academic Medicine Careers, SNMA Physician Research Initiative (PRI), Annual Medical Education Conference, Louisville, Kentucky, March 2013.
Poster Presentation. SNMA Physician Research Initiative (PRI), Annual Medical Education Conference, Louisville, Kentucky, March 2013.
Latino LGBT Health Issues, Latino Medical Student Association Annual Conference, Miami, FL, March 2013.
Pathways to Academic Medicine. SNMA Regional SNMA/MAPS Regional Conference, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, February 2013.
Pathways to Academic Medicine. Northeast Regional Conference, Latino Medical Student Association, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, February 2013.