2017 Conference Series
University of Alabama School of Medicine, Feb 3-4 (Poster Submission Form due Jan 11, 2017 before 10pm EST and Poster invites to present to be sent Jan 15, 2017)
University of Arizona College of Medicine, March 3-4
Sidney Kimmel Medical College (Jefferson), March 10-11
- Jefferson-BNGAP Conference Letter
- Jefferson-BNGAP Flier
- JEFF BNGAP CONFERENCE TENTATIVE SCHEDULE – 1 27
Duke University School of Medicine, May 5-6
These regional conferences are OPEN TO ALL but are tailored to encourage trainees (medical students, residents, PhDs) who are underrepresented in medicine (women, LGBTQ, and racial and ethnic minorities) to consider academic medicine careers .
During the 1 1⁄2 day event, learners will be able to:
• Explore academic medicine careers to fit with their personal and professional interests.
• Navigate the array of academic medicine career paths and opportunities.
• Develop and enhance their academic medicine portfolio.
• Expand their network among academic medicine colleagues and role models.
- Diversity and Inclusion in the Academic Medicine Workforce
- Academic Medicine Career Roles and Responsibilities
- Building a Supportive Career Team
- Leadership Development
- Educational Scholarship
- Research Scholarship
- Service Scholarship
- Academic Medicine Career Portfolios and Promotion
- Finding an Academic Residency
- Finding an Academic Position After Residency
2016 Conference Location Logistics (i.e. Travel and Hotel)